FOR SUCH A TIME AS THIS
Sermon Notes for September 8th, 2019 at RCCG Lighthouse for the Nations
Bible reading: Mark 2:1-7
From our reading, we know that these men knew the times.
IT WAS A TIME OF SELF-CENTERED-NESS
2nd Timothy 3:1-4
- A time of God do my own first before I do yours. People in that room weren’t helping the man with palsy.
- Theses four men wanted the man to be healed first.
- God created you uniquely, for us to be a solution to the problem of the world.
- Are you depressed this morning? Understand the time this morning and He will solve that problem.
- When you’re self centred it’s difficult for you to look up and get the message from the throne of God.
IT WAS A TIME OF WAR
- It was a time of survivor of the fittest.
- Mark 13:5
- James 4:1
THERE WAS A TIME OF REPROBATE MINDEDNESS
- Romans 1:21,29,32
A TIME OF PANICKING
- Luke 21:25
- There is a lot going on in the world. The world is waiting for the manifestation of the children oF God.
THESE MEN BROKE THE BARRIER
Proverbs 24:11-12 They made up their mind to deliver this man from death.
Esther also broke the barrier.
Esther did not allow her upbringing to stop her. She saved the children.
Josephs Journey went from being Jacob’s favourite son. Then he was betrayed, sold into slavery, Purchased by Potiphar, Rose in Potiphar’s house, Falsely accused by Potiphar’s wife, Thrown in prison, Met the baker and the butler in prison, The butler forgot him, Stood before pharaoh become the prime minister at Egypt, Met his brother, Finally he gave his family a home in Egypt!
Like Joseph, your end will be better than you’re beginning.
What do these individuals have in common?
- Patience: Micah 7:7 – Therefore I will look to the LORD I will wait for the God of my salvation; My God will hear me!
Esther waited, and you will still have to wait for God.
- They realised their purpose for living.
Who knows if you’ve come into this church, marriage, workplace, city, membership for such a time as this!
God put you in your workplace for such a time as this. God put you in your marriage for such a time as this.
Your blessing is attached to something.
It may be attached to the place that you are.
- Children of Eli: 1 Samuel 2:30-36. Gehazi: 2 Kings 5:20-17 Judas Iscariot: Acts 1:15-20.
Don’t be like those people! Rise from the background that you’ve had, and become better!
God bless you as you enjoy the message.